Thursday, August 14, 2008

Getting back to Figure Drawing



Ever since I got back from vacation, I've had trouble getting back into my creative flow and decided last night would be a perfect opportunity to go have fun drawing- no pressure! The goal was just to have fun- NOT to make portfolio pieces. In fact, I wiped away most of my drawings so I wouldn't feel attached or pressured. No one will see them. As artists, sometimes we need to step back and make drawing fun again and not feel the pressure that limits us. I have to admit, I do feel very rusty though. I haven't been to figure drawing since the winter. :S If I can afford the time and money, I'd love to start going once a week. :)

3 comments:

Patach said...

It'd be good to get some figure drawing in, would this be over at the Sotos' studio you're talking about?

Also, sometimes the best drawings are done when you're bored and you don't have a distinct vision of what you're doing until you lift your pencil off of your sketchbook. :)

Sarah Satrun said...

Yes, this is at The Drawing Workshop. He always has great models!!!

Kevin Mcleod said...

It's sorta nice to hear someone as good as you is having the same problems I am with art right now. Makes me feel not alone. Nice pieces. I'd love to make it to the drawing workshops just so far away I'd have to go on sundays.

Women's Day

  Happy International Women's Day! Here's a piece we drew about 12 years ago that's been a favorite. ⭐️